Yes, check with VA. I have been seeing VA vans taking patients to the hospital.
Reply to haileybug

I don't know if the person in need of transportation has Medicaid. Medicaid provides transportation to doctor appointments.
Reply to haileybug
justdi11721 Sep 9, 2020
No Medicaid. He is a veteran so I will check with the VA. He had no spouse or kids and siblings do not live in the same state.
(1)
American Cancer Society does provide some transportation. It is volunteer based so I am not sure if it would be available at this time.
If you do get transportation PLEASE make sure the driver and and anyone else in the car is masked during chemo you are in a compromised situation so be cautious.
Check with the center that is doing the treatments they may also have volunteers as well
Reply to Grandma1954
justdi11721 Sep 9, 2020
I did check with cancer society. Their transport program is on hold because of Covid. Agree he definitely needs to wear a mask as well as anyone around him.
(0)
This question should be asked of the Social Worker at the center where he is getting his cancer care. I'm sure they have resources that they can share with you.

Also, local Gilda's Clubs may be able to point you in the right direction.
justdi11721 Sep 9, 2020
Thank you. I will check there. He just had 1st visit and treatment last week and went via ambulance as he is in a rehab center right now still recovering from covid.
(0)