Is facelift recommended for diabetic patients?

Hi. My mother is considering a facelift procedure in Toronto.
She is diabetic and takes insulin daily. She will be turning 60 this July. Is facelift recommended for diabetic patients?

27

Answers

1 2 3
I need to chime in on this one. I am a type 2 diabetic. I am not overweight. I AM on insulin due to the fact that I have an allergy to sulfa which diabetic drugs other than metformin are a cousin to so those other drugs WERE NEVER AN OPTION FOR ME. Please don't assume that we are all fat lazy slobs that don't take care of ourselves. Even my other diabetic friends tend to be a bit finger pointy and say that they are not on insulin like I am even though they are on 2 or 3 different diabetes medications.

I was lucky, but can't say that I would have elective surgery again. I'll stick with filler and botox. They would great.

youre lucky sunnygirl .
blasphemy gets me " moderated " on here as quickly as it takes me to type it up . sometimes i wonder if its even worth trying .

Just in case this was a real question: I am a Type I diabetic and I had upper and lower Blepharplasty (eyelid surgery). Dark circles and puffy eyelids run in my family. I got tired of people asking me if I was tired. I'd agree, even though I wasn't tired. It was embarrassing. I was in my early 40's at the time. I don't regret it and I had no problems. Oh, it is a bigger deal than it appears on tv. Take it seriously.

I had sedation and no general anesthesia. I don't remember a thing.

" anus seed " , no that doesnt look right at all ..

s'okay cwilliy
with all the money ive saved on razors since 1979 i could afford probably a new sausage stuffing press and cool bail top jars for all my spices and dried goods .
and a couple of bottles of white out to label em with .
having got that off my chest , ill get back to labeling my cool looking jars .

Ha ha Willie..........:)

Of course if you were a guy you could just grow a beard...

the extremely ugly ones , yes ..

Gershun, thanks for the laugh. I would have to agree with you that 97 is a little old to be considering a face lift. :)

1 2 3