How do you set a rate for a stipend for a live in caregiver? I am needing more help with my son. I work and he doesn't . He was born disabled. He is developmentally disabled and much like a young child.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
My friend cares for her sibling who is 51 years old with Downs and dementia. She has hospice coming to her home.

Can you have an assessment done to see if you qualify for hospice? She has fantastic caregivers. It’s not live in help but they do everything for her sister. They bathe her, dress her, feed her and change her diapers. She is in a wheelchair.
Helpful Answer (0)

Just to clarify, you are looking for a live in care giver.

You will have to pay a rate based in part on the labour laws where you live. You will be an employer and will have to think about taxes, liability and workers compensation insurance. Holiday pay, vacation days, what will happen if they are sick etc.

As you will need to vet the person it may be easier to hire someone through an agency. They will make sure labour laws are followed, the employee is properly certified and vetted.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter