Has any institution refused to honor your POA?

The Ombudsman program is investigating a complaint that I have against a certain ALF Facility, where a friend of mine is living. The owner has found out this and making threats to call the police, if I come onto the property. I plan to go with some friends next time, that way when he decides to act inappropriately toward me, I can have some witnesses. I would like to continue to visit my friend without the fear that I will be arrested.

16

Answers

Just a couple days ago. I called the bank to ask why they have not sent me a letter from them, stating what stipulations they were asking of me, in order of them accepting the POA. There has been no response from them, as of yet.

You got the last laugh.

...and not very well trained, informed or educated.

I have run into this, where a bank would not accept my POA, DURABLE & ever kind I have untill I got a letter from a shrink to state I was MENTALLY OK~I saw to it that the person who subjected me to this was fired.
I received a letter of apology.
Only once that has happened to me. I am 69. The person who attempted to pull off this stuff was 20 years old.

thank you for sharing that with me. However, one of the person's who owns the facility is a doctor, and owner which is who I'm having a problem with.

How were the people fired, and what was the process you went through?

Yes, I have run into this.
What happened was that the people who refused to accept my POA, medical, durable & every with way, were fired from the institution I went to. I did complain in a proper way, was apologized to &
now I have no problems at all with this issue.

Stick to what YOU know is right.

Good point ECAmbassador, the ALF has the right to set behavior, noise, attire, smoking, and other parameters for the general welfare of ALL the residents in the facility. This would have been detailed in your friend's Rental Agreement. Perhaps we do not have enough information as to why the original questioner had filed a complaint with the Ombudsman?

If you haven't done this already I would advise the Ombudsman that your visitation has been restricted. A resident has a right to visitors and to refuse visitors. A POA doesn't necessarily guarantee your access to the building. To avoid unintended consequences of disrupting other residents or having the facility file a restraining order, I would see if the Ombudsman can help with an amicable resolution.

If you are the POA, and it is in effect now then you should have access to this person. The facility should have a copy of the POA on file. you did the right thing by speaking with the ombudsman.