Someone who is closer or lives in Oklahoma cause I lost several friends and all cause of when I began taking care of mom. So I didn't know how to ask if someone is in Oklahoma. Maybe same type of thing, just as a caregiver cause I have no family and I feel very alone and I am gonna call and have to react. Picking my mother up cause it's the right thing to do.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Dear Balesgirl,

I found this information:

Grief Support

Tulsa Area

The Tristesse Center
1709 South Baltimore Ave
(918) 587-1200
Offers a variety of individual and group programs to help those of any age that are grieving. There is a 6-week Grief Support Group for the loss of an infant or toddler on Thursday evening. Coping with the loss of a Child Monday Evenings 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Sessions are $10.00.

Oklahoma State Department of Health / Child Guidance
315 South Utica
(918) 594-4739
Offers one-on one services to children who have lost a parent or sibling. Fees are based on a sliding scale. No one is refused services for inability to pay.

Floral Haven Funeral Home
6500 South 129th East Avenue
Broken Arrow
(918) 495-1597

Family and Children Services
Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Claremore
(918) 587-9471
Grief and Loss Counseling (also provided in Spanish). Meets throughout the year, every second Thursday of each month.

Oklahoma City Area

Compassionate Friends-Online Support

Agape Doula Postpartum Service
Contact: Danielle Lungrand, PCD(DONA), CLC(OKC)
Phone: (405) 819-4904

Balance Women's Health
Moore, OK
Phone: (405) 378-2727

Deaconess Hospital (OKC)
Phone: (405) 604-4444
Contact: Joyce Long

Kids Joining Eternity
Phone: (405) 802-5739
Contact: Melanie Edwards

Oklahoma City-County Health Department
Social Workers
Phone: (405) 419-4036 or (405) 419-4142

Oklahoma Family Network
Contact Joni Bruce at (405) 271-5072
Offers one-on-one mentoring for families who’ve experienced the loss of an infant or child with special needs.

(405) 848-8884

Kids’ Place
P.O. Box 258
Edmond, Oklahoma 73083
Call 844-5437, 844-KIDS (5437), 341-3353
Provides a safe and supportive environment for children as they mourn the death of a family member or friend.

Calm Waters
3525 NW 56th Street
Oklahoma City
(405) 841-4800
A support center for children whose lives have been changed by death or divorce.

GriefShare is a special support group for people who are grieving the death of someone close to them. Several churches throughout the Oklahoma City Metro area offer a GriefShare group. Contact the church for group days and times.

New Covenant Christian Church
12000 Rockwell Ave Oklahoma City
Oklahoma, 73162
(405) 722-7445

Capitol Hill Assembly of God
2400 SW 74th Street
Oklahoma City, 73159
(405) 682-4685

Oklahoma City First Nazarene
4400 NW Expressway
Oklahoma City
(405) 843-9588

Quail Springs Baptist Church
14613 N. May Ave
Oklahoma City, 73134
(405) 755-9240 or (405) 751-1621

Edmond Church of Christ
801 South Bryant
Edmond, 73034
(405) 341-3353

Church of the Servant
14343 North MacArthur
Oklahoma City
(405) 721-4141

Northwest Baptist Church
3030 NW 23rd Street
Oklahoma City
(405) 942-5557
Helpful Answer (1)

Balesgirl, call your county agency on aging and see if they have a list of support groups.

In the mean time, we are all here for you should you have any questions or wish to just vent. Caregiving isn't easy.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter