Please provide me with the requirements and what needs to be done to have my elderly chronically ill qualify to receive HHA or a CNA at home to attend to ADLs. Thank you

I am just curious. Does this person have family? If not, why not place him in a SNF. I would assume he will need 24/7 care which will cost as much as a SNF. You also don't have to coordinate Aides and hope they show up for their shift.

The first thing you need to do is learn the proper phrasing to clients which is : "You have rights which includes the right too refuse help." Second, you order a SW to do their "job." A nurse is not trained to be a SW.
Reply to Stacy0122

Do you think we are an employment agency? Sorry we aren't. We are a forum of Caregivers that share our experiences and try to help each other. We r from all over the United States and other Countries.

I would think you have Care Agencies in your area. Office of Aging. Even Medicaid in home. There is also Hospice that provides an aide for bathing and a Nurse. The times they aren't there then u hire aides if no family.

I have to agree with vegaslady. Isn't it part of your job to know these things?
Reply to CTTN55

This Forum is not a forum of medical professionals. It is your average everyday citizen type who has had experience in eldercare and is attempting to help others attempting this care. You should coordinate with your professional care team. I suspect some of the Social Workers may be able to guide you, and wish you good luck.

Talk to your employer about how to do your job.
Reply to vegaslady