My husband was discharged from the SNF with a cold. 5 days later he started going down fast it appear that he had a bad lung infection for couple of weeks hospitalized and diagnosed how can I fight Medicare guidelines? He will need to go to another facility to recuperate.

What Medicare guidelines are you wanting to fight?
Reply to worriedinCali

He got sick in the SNF, now he needs more and it appears that the Medicare max days has been reached. Is this correct?

Is it 20 days annually or per illness? Does he have a supplemental insurance or are you on an advantage plan?

You can ask the hospital, I guarantee you that they know if he will be covered, they are all affiliated with rehab facilities whether they admit it or not. It benefits them to help you understand what you are facing.

Could it be time to research long term care?
worriedinCali Feb 24, 2019
It’s per benefit period. A benefit period begins “when you are admitted to a hospital or SNF and ends when you haven’t gotten any inpatient care or skilled nursing care for 60 days in a row”
(0)
Not sure what your question is.