If my mom gets more than allowed Social Security income to collect Medicaid to pay for nursing home will she be denied?

Asked by

I have been her 24/7 caregiver for almost 10 years and I am about to break down. I need help asap!!

Answers 1 to 2 of 2
Top Answer
You need to see a certified eldercare attorney who can advise on setting up a Miller Trust. Which directs excess income to a pooled trust which reverts to the state.

So yes. You will be turned down UNLESS you utilize the laws in place that would enable your mom to get the care she needs through Medicaid. Call a certified elder attorney.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support