Find Care & Housing
Payee means it has been found Mom can't handle her money. Now if all Moms bills are being met and there is money left over, he should use it for her care. Not sure if SS asks for a yearly accting but the government for pensions does. What is his reasoning?
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to JoAnn29

This is a bit of a wild guess, but are you in a situation where you are your mother's primary caregiver, you need more help with caring for your mother and would like to hire some, and your brother disagrees and is refusing to accept the charge on your mother's behalf?

If it's something like this - so, what is your brother's plan for your mother's care?
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Countrymouse

Is he her “representative payee” as related to Social Security?
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to igloo572

Joanarebug69, by saying your brother is a "payee" for your Mom, are you saying that has financial Power of Attorney? Or is he just paying bills for Mom?

Who is the medical Power of Attorney? Or is there not one?

Who is currently taking care of your Mom? What kind of care is your brother refusing?
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to freqflyer

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter