mom has dementia but can make decisions although poor ones. Decided to move in with brother who has taken advantage of large amounts of funds . I have tried to deal with it legally but cannot get myself bankrupt fighting for guardianship. How will she get care and Medicaid in future ? I know she will be needing 24/7 care in future that he will not provide when her funds are going down.

Find Care & Housing
Get on to it straight away, even if it means passing responsibility to the state rather than guardianship to yourself. Your mother is at real risk for the future.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to MargaretMcKen

Yes, it probably will. Maybe APS can tell you how to proceed. It is sort of Elderly abuse.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to JoAnn29

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter