I would like to know what is the next step if I took what indeed is a documented ongoing abuse concern to my supervisor and nothing was done? - AgingCare.com

I would like to know what is the next step if I took what indeed is a documented ongoing abuse concern to my supervisor and nothing was done?

I have a list of issues and concerns about a current client's care. Nothing about any of them I have voiced to my agency has even been at least addressed. What should I do next?

1

Answer

Go to HER supervisor. Keep going up the "chain of command" until you get assistance with your concerns.
I can't imagine you'd have to go as far as the president of the company. Many companies have an anonymous incident report telephone line. You should have a list of numbers from when you were hired. I hope you get it resolved.

If you suspect elder abuse, call APS-Adult Protective Services
Adult Abuse Hotline: (800) 222-8000