Hello, I have an elderly parent. I would like to hire somebody for four hours a day to help with bathing and feeding my mother, clothing my father, and doing light housework. What forms do I need to fill out? If I pay her under the table what could be the possible consequences?

Agencies also do background checks, tuberculosis and drug testing. Also, bonding for theft in your home. They also take care of Social Security. They also have some minimal benefits for their employees.

If eligible, Medicaid may prrovide a waiver for a few hours a week of help. If there is a Veteran, VA Aid and Attendance May be available.
Reply to anonymous439773

Do you prefer Russian Roullet?
Tax evasion to the caregiver would be one.
IF the caregiver is injured on the job and you are not providing workers comp insurance for her, she can sue you.
What will happen if the caregiver does not show up?
Legitamate caregiving carries insurance, provides tax forms and ensures that caregivers are trained and licensed.

Sorry, we are a forum of caregivers. We share our experiences and try to help each other. We are from the US, Canada, UK and other countrys.
To find caregivers you need to look in your area. Your County Office of aging may be able to help. If finances are a problem, Medicaid may help.