I stopped working to care for mom and stepdad. Can I apply for assistance?


I was wondering if there was any assistance I can apply for

Find Care & Housing


Dear micm007,

Good of you to care for your mom and stepdad. I would call your town office and try to speak with a social worker about your situation. They will know what programs are available in your community or possibly through church. I hope you find the assistance you are looking for.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to cdnreader

I know in California, you can take a class (free), get fingerprints ($36.) then apply to IHSS (In Home Support Services). They pay minimum wage in most counties. Your parent would sign your timecard and you mail it in.

I believe your parent has to qualify for Medi-Cal first.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to SueC1957