At first she said that I can receive my shot at home. I said no, then she said at my Dr's office. Also, she said that I would need some kind of genetics test because I have high blood pressure. I hesitated and she hung up. This sounded strange to me. What do you think?

No, Medicare does not call. Genetics test for high blood pressure? Malarkey.
Reply to Geaton777

The FTC just published this yesterday:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2021/01/scammers-cash-covid-19-vaccination-confusion

One of the bullet items says "Don’t pay to sign up for the vaccine. Anyone who asks for a payment to put you on a list, make an appointment for you, or reserve a spot in line is a scammer."
Reply to TekkieChikk

Yes, it is strange. And it was a scam. Your covid vaccine is covered by the federal government and payment goes directly to those administering it. It is up to you to clear with your doctor if you feel there might be any reason you should not take this vaccine. There are no pre tests of any kind required.

The one that grates me is the one that starts: "Hello, Grandpa!", which, for some reason seems so heartless in its con of old people with memory problems. I usually end up giving the phone scammers a piece of my mind, telling them they should be ashamed. I know you're not supposed to say anything, just let the police know this is happening
Reply to Toomush
disgustedtoo Jan 31, 2021
PD really can't help - one of my responses to an earlier comment has a number of links where you can report calls. Sadly, very often the Caller ID number is spoofed, belonging to a legit person. If there is a message with a call back number provided, report THAT phone number.

IF it's a cell phone, there are ways to report and/or block these numbers.

Generally I do not answer ANY calls if they are not in my contact list and/or I'm not expecting a call back from someone who might not be in my contact list. A few times my phone was being stupid, not dismissing the call and I was rather busy, so it annoyed me enough that I ended up answering it, but not with any nice greeting.... :-o just a few repeated choice words and THEN hung up.
(0)
I agree with the others that it’s a scam. I work in insurance with Medicare plans and I know that your insurance company or Medicare directly will not call you regarding this. Call your local health dept and follow the guidelines in your state for vaccine.
Reply to Desertjenn

I agree, it’s a scam. I never answer a number that I don’t know.

Let these calls go to voicemail. Do not call any number back that you don’t know.

I hate scam text messages too!
Reply to NeedHelpWithMom
Frances73 Jan 30, 2021
I agree, don’t answer a number you don’t know. Anyone legit will leave a voicemail you can reply to.
(1)
SCAM. SCAM. SCAM.. I Repeat. SCAM.
Reply to vegaslady

Someone was trying to get into your house. Glad you didn't fall for it.
Reply to MJ1929

Scam.

Someone was trying to rope you into agreeing to pay for something that has nothing to do with the Covid shots.   And how would this person know if you did have high blood pressure?  That's a big clue, and an attempt to frighten you into agreeing to something you don't need.

My understanding is that if the target (you) agrees, the caller then asks for your Medicare number, and orders something allegedly on your behalf, but which is delivered to them, and resold.  In the meantime they've tricked Medicare into paying for the item, by using your Medicare number.    

I haven't gone through this, but someone else battles these people and shares the information she gets.