Which is better, a third party organization where their lawyer steps in for a fee and supposedly speeds things up or go directly to veterans administration. I have contact numbers for both. The fee is supposed to be a flat fee of $750. 00, worth it or not? My mom is 93 with Parkinson's. I feel it is time for assisted living. I'm worn out and have no time for me or my family. I have neglected myself. I need to get my life back and I truly desire to be a daughter to my mom again, instead of her full time caregiver. I fully intend to be involved in her life while she is at the facility. I would never abandon her. I just need a healthy balance in my life. Please share your thoughts with me. Thanks. How long does it take to get this ball rolling? My dad was a world war II vet so she would qualify for spousal benefits.

Your mom maybe eligible for Aid and Attendance or Housebound benefits. To find out, contact your Regional Veteran Benefit office to file a request. You can locate your nearest VA office by using the VA Facility Locator online. Also, try contacting your local Area Agency on Aging and inquire about a respite grant or respite program to give you a break. I hope this helps.
Reply to Roperj

Thanks, I will email you soon. Appreciate the help.
Reply to NeedHelpWithMom

I would suggest another Elder Law attorney.

If you message me, I don't mind discussing further.

Kindly.
Reply to vmetoyer

vmetoyer,

Thanks, okay, one more question if you don't mind? When you say, Elder attorney team, would you recommend using a separate Elder attorney not affiliated with this 3rd party group that Brookdale Assisted Living Facility uses, it is called Patriot Angels. Do you prefer one of our local attorney teams in our area? I'm looking at three assisted living places, two are cooperate and the other is owned by independent investors. The other two gave me the numbers for local veterans organization.
Reply to NeedHelpWithMom

In my opinion, it is best to get the assistance from an Elder Care Lawyer team. So very worth the decreased stress and longevity of the VA process.

These lawyers can also be available to discuss all other eldercare situations you will encounter and will need to handle soon.
Reply to vmetoyer