I need a durable radio for my elderly mother. Any suggestions?

My mom's in nursing care and keeps dropping her radio. This is a big deal, since the radio is one of the few joys of her life. I thought you could suggest a durable perhaps droppable radio that might outlast my mother dropping it? thanks

6

Answers

Found this on Amazon - radio - Sayin Mini shower radio, waterproof radio for bathroom, hanging Music Radio, AM / FM (Black & White) at a reasonable price.

I put in rubber radio and got a few hits BUT they cost a bit. Depends how much she drops them. It MIGHT be good economy to go for the more expensive rubber ones? Like Lexon Tykho Rubber Radio Blue but it was over $90, again from Amazon.

Good Luck
Reply to BuzzyBee

CTHomeOfficial: check the TOS. No advertising is allowed.

FF, good idea about a camp radio. Another option might be to check a Army/Navy Surplus store.

Chuck, I just searched on "portable radios with cases" and got a lot of hits. That might be a good option to find something for your mother. (Note the 4th hit from this Google search is red flagged as unsafe.)

And check out the Emergency Responder site; it indicates it can create a custom case.

This isn't a radio but has radio functionality. Have you considered an Alexa instead?
Reply to CTHomeOfficial

Chuck, try a camping store. I wouldn't be surprised if they have portable radios that are drop proof and even water proof.

Or if you are into crocheting or knitting, you could make a pouch to hang around her neck. I made one for our cell phones.
Reply to OldSailor

Try looking for something designed for kids!