I have primary-progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS). I need help but aren't sure how to get it because I'm not elderly.

I am only 38 , but I have ppms. It has caused me not to be able to walk , not be able to get in/out of bath tub without lots of help. My right arm is very weak as well. I'm on SSI, and social security. I also have Medicare. I need help but aren't sure how to get it because I'm not elderly.

3

Answers

Do you receive Medicaid. If so or not, call them and see what kind of services you can get. Also, call your Office of Aging. They may be able to help you with services.

Agree with Jeanne. In addition to telling us what kind of help you require, can you tell us about your living arrangements. I'll bet that the local MS Society has a social worker on staff that can direct you. Are you being seen at a MS specific center?
Reply to geewiz

What kind of help is needed?

Contact The National MS Society in your area and ask about resources that might be available to you.
Reply to jeannegibbs