Follow
Share

Have supplemental health insurance - what will Medicare pay? (I'm 83)

Find Care & Housing
Depends on ur supplimental. My BC/BS and Moms United Health Medigap had a share clause. Medicare pays 80% of what they consider reasonable. Providers have to except what Medicare pays if they allow Medicare. With share the remaining 20% is split in half, meaning you pay 10% of the 20%.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to JoAnn29
Report

Check your supplmental policy. If you are considering dialysis in the future
medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/10128-Medicare-Coverage-ESRD.pdf

IF you need transportation the information is in there
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to MACinCT
Report

Medicare pays 80% of the costs and supplemental picks up the remaining 20%. You will be responsible for the deductible for Medicare Part B which is less than $200. Check with your doctor’s secretary to make sure.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Ahmijoy
Report