I donated the hearing aids back to the place where we got them. They have a pathway to make them available to people who cannot afford them.
Reply to Invisible

Thanks to all for the responses! IF they don't break, lose or wash mom's last remaining hearing aide, we can donate it!

It is still fairly new, and she keeps taking it out all the time, so it should be in somewhat good condition depending on how long she keeps ticking along (96 going on 2!) Newer model with rechargeable battery. Unfortunately there is only one. They lost the other new one. Mom only used one on the left, so when we bought a new pair, after they ran her previous one through the laundry, they were both molded for the left side. I tasked them with keeping the charger so it wouldn't 'disappear'. Within a few months they reported the hearing aid was MIA. Probably wrapped in a tissue or napkin during a meal and tossed.

She can't get new ones for 3 years - these do have a loss warranty, so we *could* get a replacement for about $400, but why... if staff can't maintain oversight and won't help up cover that cost, why? If they lose the remaining one, I'll have to think about it, but most likely won't get a replacement. In that case we might be able to donate the charger...
Reply to disgustedtoo

Check with your local ENT practice and they should take them.
Reply to Llamalover47

Starkey has a relationship with a organization that gives the used aids to people in need.
Reply to Lovely244

One of the organizations where i live in Naples, FL i believe it is with Salvation Army or another one of those kind, uses a church to bring your ear donations too, so I went to the church and they handled it from there.
I also did a simple google search with my city and state and this came up,,,so you could do that as well:
https://www.napleshearingaids.com/about-us/old-hearing-aids-what-to-do-with-them/
Reply to Manson

Probably can take to Costco? My sister had some she gave to a friend who couldn't afford them, of course I don't know what happens beyond that, if they can be reused you may have to go to a place willing /able to use the insides and make a new mold.
Reply to gdaughter

Here’s link for places to donate.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/hearing-aids-donating-used-hearing-aids-1046635
Reply to Autumn50

Your local Lions club will accept hearing aides and eye glasses. Some of them also take durable medical equipment such as walkers, crutches, wheelchairs, etc.
Reply to Takincare
NeedHelpWithMom Oct 24, 2019
Good to know for those who are concerned where to donate. Thanks!
(2)
You can definitely donate hearing aids. Look for a hearing center near you or look online for hearing aid recycling for a mailing address for donated hearing aids.
Reply to RedVanAnnie

My husbands ENT office takes used hearing aids.

Yes you can.

Google "donate used hearing aids USA" and you'll see over 60 million results including charitable foundations - I should pick the one best aligned with your aunt's interests and principles, if I were you. Happy shortlisting!

I’m sure that you can. Maybe call Council on Aging in your area. Also, her audiologist might know the answer to this. I know that eye glasses are donated all the time. So why not hearing aids too. Check it out. So thoughtful of you not to want to waste them.
Reply to NeedHelpWithMom