Do I need to write up a Care Contract to get paid for my services and get paid from mom's estate after she dies? I took over care to prevent selling the farm to pay a nursing home. Can I be kicked out of mom's house by my sister (executrix) when my mom dies?

mark903, did you get a chance to review the answers to your previous similar post in early March?
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to freqflyer

You absolutely need the advice of that elder law attorney suggested by other answers on this thread. I wish you a whole lot of luck in exploring your options. As you are current caregiver/joint POA and need financial advice re the care of your mother this bill goes to your Mom's current costs. Hope you will update us re what you learn.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to AlvaDeer

Its too late to have a contract between u and Mom. She is not competent enough to sign a contract. Your POA could have stipulated compensation.

In your situation I think you need to talk to an Elder lawyer as suggested. Five years is a longtime to care for someone who has ALZ. The farm could be sold and she could be placed in a nice Memory care Facility.
Helpful Answer (4)
Reply to JoAnn29

For accurate answers you need to ask a certified estate or elder law attorney for your Mom's state of residence. You should definitely have a contract written up — that is if she has capacity. Not sure how that works if she no longer is capable of making those decisions and there are 2 PoAs... also not sure I would wait to be paid posthumously. This is why you should talk to an attorrney and not depend on an anonymous global forum of non-professionals where there is no accountability if they give you incorrect advice. You get what you pay for.
Helpful Answer (3)
Reply to Geaton777

Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter