I have been refused services at urgent care. Any suggestions?

In the state of Vermont because of my trach through Southern Vermont nursing and Brattleboro Urgent Care.

5

Answers

Urgent cares are set up for quick strep tests, minor stitches, late night fevers....NOT for specialty stuff. I had severe stomach pains and was immediately booted from the UC to an ER. They had no ultrasound equipment or anything that could have helped me.
Reply to Midkid58

What was the issue with your trach? That is specialized care. There are many brands and sizes. An urgent care would not have any supplies.Not even humidifiers. Only endotracheal tubes may be available for emergencies.

Gardenartist is right. Not all facilities will take on the responsibility of Trachs. Even nursing homes are known not to take patients with Trachs.

Trach care can be complicated; what was the situation, as Barb asked, for which you sought services and were refused? It could be that Urgent Care isn't able to provide any care for a trach.

What services have you been refused?