Can anyone suggest a legitimate work from home opportunity? Thanks.

I am seeking a legitimate work from home opportunity as it has become increasinly difficult to work outside of the home. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

31

Answers

1 2 3 4
As a RN I worked part time doing long term care assessments. The job itself was very simple, they sent you the applicant information and you set up the appointment and went to the house. There were I think about 16 pages of questions and some mild cognitive exercises. The only physical was B/P and weight. I had to observe them get up and walk and note the appearance of the home and applicant.I did not pass or fail them although some thought I did and refused to have me do a second assessment when they applied to another company. This happened with one lady who was clearly impaired physically and mentally. she showed me her current RN license and said she worked for the local hospital. I asked what she did and she said "Everything, take care of patients, you know give out medicines" But she added wistfully 'they haven't called me in in a long time" I asked how she got to work and she told me she drove herself. This was from a lady who could not draw a clock face and put the hands at 9.40. her son got quite upset that I would not allow him to remain in the room. They were very impressed when they saw I was English. She kept repeating "We've got an English sister"
But I digress, Sorry Ferris, bad habit but I'm old too so it can be explained.
We were discussing working from home. If you like caregiving you can take in another senior who needs supervision. One patient I visited was living in a home with I think three other residents and this lady cared for them till the end of life. She did have employees as well but it was completely private pay and the care was good. You could also run a day care or take in handicapped residents. Unless you are a really good artisan stay away from crafts. you make about 50 cents an hour doing that. medical billing and transcription have been mentioned but you do need to be a fast typist and knowledgeable of medical terms and familiar with spelling of drugs. good job for a retired nurse but this one can't type fast enough. Translation, if you know a second language. Private tutoring in your field. teaching English as a second language. Look forward to hearing other ideas

When it's possible, I plan to get into medical transcription....you can take all the classes online, and work from home, or out of it. The pay isn't bad either.

Hard to suggest without knowing a bit about your skills.

Someone mentioned eBay, good idea, but you also need the out of home time to hunt the treasures you would resell.

Online universities have online professors, not sure if you may qualify.

Call centers can hire at home workers, they set you up with an ip phone and scripts, these can be legitimate, I once had a tour from a form that was trying to sell this service to the company I worked for. The tour actually included going to some homes. Check out companies like QVC.

Tax preparation, bookkeeping.
Resume preparation

I work from home. I am in sales for a major company. I visit customers frequently, but when I am not at a meeting, I am home. My colleagues work from home as well, so we rely on conference calls and internet meetings for collaboration. This requires a certain discipline and environment. The TV in my house does not turn on until after 7 pm. No barking dogs, no children or elders requiring attention. While I have flexibility because I do not work in an office, I still need a professional work environment. I could never have done this job from my mom's house, with them calling for my assistance, I did however camp out in the hospital with my cell and computer when I needed to be there for extended periods. My customers were kinda s understanding when they overheard the hospital noises, or when I interrupted because an elusive doctor had just walked in.

I love being home based. My point with my personal description at home opportunities can be very different.
Do you have a quiet environment where you can interface with people via phone.
Are you looking for a set schedule?
Are you just looking to be based from home so you have the flexibility to look in on you parent?

I work from home doing customer Service. I work for West @ home but you can also apply at Alpine Acess. They are both legitimate companies and very flexible. Just apply. If you search work from home in google for your state all the companies that hire people to work at home will come up. New Corp is another one and I use to work for Afni. A lot of these companies only hire in certain states so do a search by state. I hope it helps and message me if you have questions.

And you can print out the postage yourself from post office site and eliminate going for stamps, and schedule a pickup too.

What you need is a good postage scale & the internet. Once you know the weight & the dimensions of the package, you can go to usps.gov & the post office will figure your postage & print out a label. They will even schedule a pickup at your house, under certain circumstances.

There are jobs you can do so let people on here help u. I also do surveys. I get points and get free meals movie tickets and cash and I take my niece places with the things I get. If anyone wants to know ask me.

Well if the shoe fits, then wear it. If it applies use it, if it doesn't let it fly.

Yes, I agree with, "There is no dumb question" and what I was trying to point out was the "work at home" jobs can be a rip-off, so make sure you check things out thoroughly emadripsp. I would not deny anyone trying to make a living honestly, and BoniChak is right. We can talk about anything, even about those who try and bully others on this site with their nasty comments. I never take comments about myself personally, because I know my intentions are honorable.

Hey Cap'n, thought you'd have a still cooking in the backyard. Har har

1 2 3 4