They are home bound and the home care agency has filed the forms. We have been waiting since December. I called the home care agency concerned since I really needed the help immediately. The agency keeps telling me not to worry, they are sure it will all be approved but that is easier said than done. Neither the agency or Medicaid/Medicare will give an estimated time frame. Weeks? Months? The waiting without communication is frustrating.

Keep calling.
Reply to Kendramott

Their Dr. can prescribe the care but ur ins. Co. Must accept it and if their or no agencies that offer that service, then they don’t approve. I have contacted senators and am waiting a response. U need to do the same
Reply to redfish1945
worriedinCali Jan 24, 2019
the insurance is through Medicaid so she isn’t dealing with an actual insurance company. She needs to contact her caseworker.
(2)
If you assume everyone with whom you're dealing is incompetent and/or apathetic, you'll be pleasantly surprised when any interaction with an agency produces the desired results on a timely basis. Whether or not the latter happens, be certain to proofread everything carefully because, as the saying goes, "if something is planned [or written] such that no one could possibly make a mistake, someone will!" Sorry to appear so negative, but over the years I've gotten to a point at which "nothing surprises me".
Reply to jacobsonbob

Call their Supervisor. Call the Manager.
Reply to OhMyMe2

Are u trying to use medicare for an Aide or something else like medicaid? I am fighting for medicare's new benefit and the agencies in this are do not offer aide services. i was told we could use anyone, even non licensed people like relelative. Waiting for senator's replies to this as my insurance (ADVANTAGE) co. says they must be licensed. I am trying to file a claim as well as i have used a non-licensed aide.
Reply to redfish1945

I got my mother’ Care almost instantaneously after taking her to the doctor for an evaluation and referral
Reply to overnite6462
redfish1945 Jan 23, 2019
Was this for an Aide or health professional? Aides can help with general home care such as cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc.
(1)
Thank you everyone! At least now I have an idea! The agency is handling all the filing and paperwork and all they keep saying is “soon” and to hang in there! Easier said than done!
Reply to RushGirl2112

Took me about 2-3 months to get Home Aide for my dad. I called twice in that time and found they had made a decision, just never called us.
Reply to ShenaD
jacobsonbob Jan 23, 2019
This is a clear example of what I described in my posting. The agency got the job half-done, but you had to "coax" the second half out of them. The system is only as good as its weakest link.
(3)
You should go on your state's DHS website and it should tell you the lenth of time for a determination.
Reply to tacy022

We were told three months was the average for filling the position after Medicaid was approved. This apparently varies by county and by state.

Were you given a Medicaid case worker? You might try calling them. Squeaky wheels get the grease!
Reply to anonymous594015

Government shut down, I’m sure that can’t help too - thank you!
Reply to RushGirl2112
Llamalover47 Jan 23, 2019
RushGirl2112: It may well be due to the Government shutdown. Good luck and I hope all is resolved soon.
Llamalover47
(1)
Are they part of the government shut down?
Reply to kellse
RushGirl2112 Jan 21, 2019
Could be, I wonder if that is it! Thank you
(0)