My sister is upset and has filed false report. Can I remove my name from the will and acting as POA as I am a medical professional and I don't need any issues. My half sister is also a nurse and knows exactly what she is doing. Is there a way to remove myself from POA so I do not get false accusations of acting unlawfully?

Find Care & Housing
Its Executor with a will. Only Mom can change her will if she is competent. Otherwise, when she passes, just tell Probate you do not want the responsibility of Executor. With POA I would go to the lawyer who drew it up and asked to be revolked. Again, you do not have to take on any responsibility you don't want to.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to JoAnn29

POA stops at time of death. You can resign your position as POA, but you cannot assign someone else in your place. Only mom can do that.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to gladimhere

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter