This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Hi DeeTucker
You might start by contacting the Area Agency on Aging in the county where you live. They can assess your mom’s situation and let you know what services are available to her. Medicaid requires medical and financial criteria be met.
Is your mom on Medicare now? How advanced is her lung cancer? She might be eligble for hospice as well. Was your dad a veteran during war time? If so she might qualify for Aid and Attendance. Give us a bit more information about her situation.
Welcome to the forum. I hope you find some answers to help guide you.
Helpful Answer (2)

The most common question in the AgingCare Caregiver Forum is "How can I get paid to care for a family member?"

The vast majority of family caregivers do not get paid for the provision of care.

However, a loved one may use out-of-pocket retirement savings for this purpose. If a family member has enough funds to privately pay from savings, it is important to formally complete a Personal Care Agreement. Prior to receiving any payment, this document should be prepared to outline the services provided as well as the payment to be received. A personal care agreement can not be created retroactively to pay for past care.

The Caregiver Forum is a great place to come for answers. Additionally, I'd like to offer the following AgingCare articles as reference points:

To understand the purpose of and create a formal agreement between family members, please refer to:

It is important to note that most outside sources of pay will only pay for medically based home health care provided by an authorized agency. For a general overview regarding paying for care, please refer to:

And finally, if you would like further information regarding the decision to hire a home care company that fits your needs and your budget, please refer to:

If you are new to caregiving you will likely have future questions. There are many answers from experienced caregivers here. Don't hesitate to come back and ask.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter