I am looking for a dementia-specialized neurologist in Asheville, NC. Can anyone help with a referral?

My mother received a preliminary diagnosis of Lewy Body dementia and I'm looking for neurologist in the Asheville, NC, area who specializes in dementia or geriatric neurology. Any referrals would be much appreciated.

3

Answers

This site covers many countries and your question is very specific to location. I passed by Mission Hospital as a tourist and I live 800 miles away. The place is huge. Check with your PCP for a referral, check your insurance plan for covered doctors. Then go on Mission Hospital website. They have 19 geriatricians.

One of the NIH dementia centers of excellence is located in Nashville. Vanderbilt . It is well worth your effort to go there.

https://www.vumc.org/vmac/
Reply to jjariz

Maggie, your best bet is to contact your Mother's primary doctor for a recommendation. Wish we could help you here but since this website is worldwide, it would be difficult to keep of list of specialist from around the world.