My husband is 75, has had a stroke, he doesn't sleep at night and gets lost wandering around the house. (We have a small 2 bedroom house) I am his only caregiver.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Gigi0312 what’s going on? Are you safe?
Helpful Answer (1)

Your husband needs help now. Call 911 immediately if not already.
He needs to be evaluated by a psychiatrist. GET HELP BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!
Helpful Answer (2)

Be sure to check out the comments left for you on the other post you responded to, saying your husband sits on the couch every night with 2 knives and now a gun. Call 911 and get him to the hospital right away, please!
Helpful Answer (5)

I’m so sorry. My husband had a stroke in 2003 and I understand how it messes with your lives. You might want to take a different approach with your husband regarding seeing his doctor. Don’t tell him he needs to go “to see if you have dementia/Alzheimer’s.” That’s scary and I’d probably refuse as well. Health insurance sign-ups are everywhere now. Mention that you got a letter from your carrier or Medicare saying that in order to keep his coverage he needs to see his doctor “for a checkup”. Contact the doctor before you go and tell them about your concerns.
Helpful Answer (3)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter