I am a healthcare provider and my elderly patient in a wheelchair presented with a flea infestation. What services can be provided to assist with this?

What sort of fleas?

If your elderly patient arrived from a home that has cats or dogs in it and these are cat or dog fleas, they won't survive long away from the host animal. Meanwhile, I'd consult a pharmacist about effective but safe insecticides to use on your patient. You'll also want to ensure that her clothing and bedding are thoroughly laundered and dried - they may be harbouring insect eggs.
The only time I had fleas was when I had inside outside cats. If she has animals, they need to have a monthly flea treatment. Dogs can be bathed with flea shampoo. Harder with cats. The one thing is bomb the house but this ends up being a lot of work. I used to use a rug spray for fleas. Buy a flea collar and cut it up. Put it in the bag of the vacuum cleaner. Vacuum everything down very well. Then use the spray to kill fleas remaining. You will need to this regularly because fleas have life cycles. If this doesn't work then a professional will need to be called in.
Advantage Flea treatment works on both cats and dogs and is available through the vet.
CM I hate to contradict you but fleas don't die because they don't have a species specific host. They hang out then wait for a nice juicy usually female host comes in their sights then they have their fill. The eggs can hibernate for up to a year before they hatch if there is no juicy host around.
Ask Dog I bet he could tell you some stories.. Using a vacuum cleaner will wake up the eggs so be sure to spray after cleaning and dispose of the vac bag.
Interview the client concerning contact with animals.
Thank you all for your assistance. Do you know if the Department of Aging would be able to provide any type of in home services to assist her? She has some type of caregiver however, the caregiver has refused to come into the home because of the fleas.
No, I know they don't die, but they do not survive very long and they do not breed successfully. The eggs are a different matter which is why I mentioned them separately. But the ones currently running around on this poor woman (I speak as one who once froze in horror as a flea scuttled across my tummy as I sat on the loo, about ten minutes after I'd been cuddling our new kittens) will not be setting up home in her armpits.
Collsa you can always ring and ask them. Even if they don't provide this kind of service themselves they may well know a reputable company that does - she won't be the first elderly person who's allowed their pets' "friends and relations" to get out of hand.

Can't say I blame the caregiver (my ankles are still itching 25 years later) but it's not the most helpful attitude ever is it. Hope you're able to help her get this resolved.