My husband pees in bed almost every night and wets everything, sheets, comforter, etc. Any advice?

We have used almost every product on the market. He must be leaking from the side. We have even put on 2 pull ups. Does anyone know of any other way to stop him leaking from the side. We don't mind having wet pull ups but when everything is wet in the morning it is so frustrating - washing everyday the sheets, comforter, etc.

22

Answers

1 2 3
I wet the bed myself and here is what I learned. First off ditch the pull up for bed time. They are not that good if you are a heavy wetter like me. Then try a tape style diaper or as they call it brief. Then ditch the regular store brands. Many pharmacys can order these two products or go to a medical supply store. Try tranyility atn or tena super. Make sure they are the an or super depending on the brand as they hold much more. Now if this doesn't work there are two other better brands but you would need to order them online. One is moli care super plus. But my favorite is Abena abri form level 4. Search abena and his size with a 4 after and you will find these. For example I wear a large diaper and I would search Google abena L4 and a lot of places pop up to buy them. These are my favorite. There are boosters you can add that fluid flows through. Those help. My night diapers are an abena L4 and a booster. I don't leak any more. Now these are expensive and I had to argue with insurance to cover part of the cost. My other option is a cloth diaper and plastic pants. I use those sometimes also and never leak as I adjust them to my needs. You need to look harder online to find this. Garys plastic pants are good. I bought diaper fabric at a local store and had a local seamstress cut and make flat diapers for me. Not cheap up front but cheaper in the long run. I would try different products slowly going up in quality until you find what works for him. Store brands are just not the answer for many.

I mistakenly said tranquility at night, its actually Tena 2x (the tab diapers, nice an huge so easier to get on her while rolling and sitting her in wchair) that I use for Mom with a tranquility booster pad with adhesive strip, all from amazon. Between the both of them, she goes 12+ hours without wetting thru and never had a bedsore.

See a urologist who has experience with geriatric patients. Urinary incontinence is not a normal ageing process. There are many possible causes and just as many potential treatments. Don't give up!

I know, cant find anything for women thou :(

Wow I never heard of a condom catheter. How convenient without the risk. What'll they think of next?

I also only use Tranquility briefs at night from amazon but I add a tranquility booster to it. Men are easy from what I read, they have attachable catheters that arent invasive. Do they have anything for women like that???????

you can use a condom catheter if you choose one less chance for infection

Put a texas catheter on him. This then drains in to a catheter bag. Then put the heavy pads that you wash they come in large.

I agree with samara. If your husband is able to urinate on his own, catheterization is simply a convenience item for the caregiver. If he need it for health reasons, he needs it. My son was incontinent at night until he left home at age 18 to go to college. I can identify with the plight of the caregiver. I washed the entire bed every morning and worked full time as well. When he got old enough, he washed it himself. Back then there were no Depends etc. There are many other products that are available these days. There are disposable bed pads that you can put under him. I used puppy pee pads when my step son came home from the hospital from surgery and had a bad drainage. These work. They are absorbent on one side and have a plastic backing.

catheters aren't a good idea because they can get a lot of infections and they hurt badly. stop or limit liquid three to four hours before bedtimes works. treat and talk to your husband the way you would want to be talked to about it. ask if he wants depends or the thicker underwear with the bladder inserts. put a cream on he skin before he goes to sleep because his skin can break down easily. if your money is low go to savers, goodwill or a thrift stores you can get pad for the bed, underwear and and bedding for pennies (we got depends for a dollar on dollar day or just for two to four dollar on any day). good lucky to you.

1 2 3