My husband has medical and financial POA for his brother who will be moving to a VA medical foster home. Would it be better to have a conservatorship as apposed to the POA's or are they sufficient?


All the finances have been worked out and covered, so I'm not sure why it would be necessary to change anything.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.


Thank you for commenting. Yes, my bil in incompetent and after 3 1/2 years of taking care of him we just can not do it any longer. The stress is taking a toll... we're no spring chickens ourselves.We've been blessed to be able to find this VA foster home that we feel will make him more content. As far as wondering about needing guardianship, it came about just by a friend asking if we had one. I also think that I too have heard it is costly . So, not gonna fret anymore ! Soon I'll be able to actually relax once more and enjoy our peace and know that my bil will find it too
Helpful Answer (2)

Is your BIL incompetent? Are you concerned he will revoke the POA he gave to your husband and give his POA to another party?
I have never had a guardianship. I understand from this site that to file for guardianship is costly and time consuming. Why do you think you need one?
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.