My husband has one of those walkers that has a seat and handles with breaks. Well, he was seated in it and I was pushing him, which means he is facing me, and the walker's wheels stopped at the threshold and he fall flat on his back. Now, he has bruised rib cage and can hardly get around. He is in his early 80's. I have called about home health care, to see if we can get it. I am retired, but studying for a new career.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
I was thinking about the assisted living thing, but, it is so expensive. Especially if I move in with him. An extra 600 dollars! And yes, it would be nice to have the help, but financially, we are kinda stuck in the middle. Can't afford the $3500 for the nice place, and we earn too much for the lower income places.
Helpful Answer (0)

He should be checked out ASAP by his MD, who may want x-rays. The doctor is the one who orders the home health aides and visiting nurses. He may need a period in rehab and he may want an OT person to give you some safety tips for the home, recommend a rollator instead of a walker, add some rails and grab bars where they are needed. You might want to consider a move to Assisted Living where you can get help moving him as needed.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter