My husband and I need a support group or counseling. Any recommendations?

We've been caring for his mom since his dad died. Help!! She moved in 18 months ago. Help !!

6

Answers

Hello rmoshinsky
If you live in NJ I facilitate support groups for caregivers of loved ones with dementia. I am a dementia specialist and Geriatric Nurse Practitioner. Please let me know if you are in New Jersey and I will give you contact information .
Thanks

If you have health insurance check with them about what they offer. Kaiser offers a support group for caregivers and I do not think that you have to be a member.

I feel your pain. Not much experience in this yet so I don't have much advice to offer you in a post, but I hear ya. Hang in there.

You've found a great support group here. Check with your state & county Aging agency for local venues. You may also want to consult an elder law attorney to take care of property, financial, and like things; some offer free consults.

Joining a caregiver support group and attending meetings together is an excellent idea.

The Alzheimer's Association is always a good place to start. They have many support groups and other services as well. They are extremely helpful and an absolute wealth of information.
http://www.alz.org/akroncantonyoungstown/in_my_community_10608.asp