My husband has Alzheimer and tells me people are telling him to do things who are not there.

Is this normal? He is paranoid and insist that people are telling him things and that we have to be careful because they will hurt us. I am wondering if he is hearing voices in his head and if this is just another phase in this disease. Its not all paranoid because he tells me other things, like someone told him he can't go some place and he should be able to.

1

Answer

Here is an excellent article regarding what your hubby is going through https://www.agingcare.com/articles/hallucinations-delusions-and-paranoia-151513.htm

My Dad is going through the seeing of bugs stage... when he asked me if I saw the bugs I told him that I have "floaters" in my eyes that make me think there was a bug somewhere. Told him most people as they age get these annoying floaters... that seemed to calm Dad.