My husband who suffers from Alzheimer's might be blind in one eye. What type of care will help this condition?

If he is what type of care or agency's will help in this condition? He is a veteran, do they help? Just looking for some advice from others who are dealing with dementia and blindness. Thank you.

Vision loss is difficult for anyone, not just those with dementia. My mom lived with minimal vision in one eye and increasing macular degeneration in the other for 20 years, and although it limited her ability to get around independently she coped surprisingly well. Now that she is almost totally blind and in the nursing home I sometimes think that not being able to see some of the things around her is a blessing.
Ask for referrals from the doctors you will be seeing, there are many assistive devises and services available for the visually impaired.