I need to get a proof of income statement from Social Security for our lawyer. I can probably get my mom to do it, but those phone-robot-menus are hard for her to navigate. I tried to do it myself but the phone-robot freaked me out when it said "anyone who tries to make a false representation to obtain information may be punishable by a fine." I don't want someone knocking at my door saying I committed a federal crime and I don't know if they're recording my voice! I don't have access to their SSA accounts... Has anyone requested something for their parents using the Social Security phone-robot-menu?

As Rocket suggests, why not use the SS statement of income sent every year for tax purposes?

There’s a hard copy from SS that we get yearly. I’ve used it for many applications even moms Medicaid.
Reply to rocketjcat

Oh I guess I could use that.
Reply to aj6044

Call your local SS office and speak with a live agent. Explain to them what the situation is and ask how to obtain a copy of the statement of earnings. They send them out every year. Are you certain Mom and Dad don’t have one in their tax records?