My mother, age 77, has had a stroke a number of years ago and is able to care for herself in general but needs help with things like bills, dates, cannot cook for herself, etc. Her domestic partner has assisted her in these areas but he is now experiencing many issues himself due to Parkinson's, Arthritis, etc. He is also a bit older. She has Long Term Care Insurance but he does not, and he has very limited assets. They have no family and very few friends living in the area. Do I move them both across the country to an assisted living facility where she will end up paying? If something happens to her during that time... I don't want to end up footing his bills? I am also concerned about using up her insurance policy to soon... but not sure if in-home care provided by Medicare will be adequate for him? How do I find out what's available to them? Thanks>

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter