I need sitters while I work. Does Medicare help with it?

People usually die from some medical issue combined with dementia. How do you describe end stage dementia? Is the person not eating or drinking? Consider this: my MIL cannot walk or talk and is considered end stage....for 4 years now. You will find that it will cost many thousands more a month in home compared to Medicaid and nursing home.

Medicare does not pay for these services. Medicaid will pay for home caregivers (limited number of hours per week) in some states for indigent patients. Check out your state's Medicaid services.

DK, this is what Medicare has to say regarding home help care: https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/home-health-services.html

If your mother has no assets, she can apply for Medicaid. RhT could pay for nursing home care or possibly a waiver for home care. These have very limited hours available. Medicare does not pay for any home care.

Have you applied for Hospice? Medicare will pay for Hospice benefits, which may include a bit of in home care.

Medicaid is what pays for long terms care. Is your mom indigent?