How should my mother's assets (savings, deed to house, etc) be set for minimum death taxes?

Asked by

I'm a 45-year-old single male, living with my 69-year-old widowed mother.

Answers 1 to 2 of 2
Expert Answer
3930 helpful answers
You should go together to see an estate attorney. You may also want to see a financial planner, but make sure this person knows Medicaid laws. The sooner you do this the better. This is something that is different in every state, though Federal law also figures in. Don't try this without an expert.
Expert Answer
17 helpful answers
This is really more of a legal than tax question and the situations are different for every individual.

I would recommend that you and your Mom make an appointment with an reputable Estate Planning Attorney in your area. He/she will provide you with the proper guidance for your particular situation.

Share your answer

Please enter your Answer

Ask a Question

Reach thousands of elder care experts and family caregivers
Get answers in 10 minutes or less
Receive personalized caregiving advice and support