How much does it cost to have someone give mom a bath?

6

Answers

Bathing is mostly private pay (aka, you'll likely have to pay for it). Cost depends a bit on the skills and qualities of the person doing the bathing.

* HHA/CNA - Most basic level of care. More than capable individuals, but the barriers to entry are very low. Cost is relatively low so more skilled individuals often come at a premium. Cost is $15 -$30 depending on the area.
* RN - Basically a hospital nurse. They're used to bathing patients recovering in the hospital so they can often handle bathing more effectively than a HHA/CNA. They do cost a bit more - in the $50 to $90 range. Although, a couple of startups offer lower prices.

An HHA/CNA is certainly capable of doing bathing, but an RN will definitely provide better quality of care.
Reply to SkyPuncher

Just read up...Medicare does not pay for bathing unless it's part of skilled nursing. Medicaid does provide services in home considering income.

I paid $15 an hour but she wasn't a CNA just someone who had been doing caregiving.

My cousin and I paid $18.00 per bath three times a week for her mother. Because we self paid they came at a set time. There were contracted thru a private agency and were background checked and bonded. They also had completed thru local community college on eldercare. We found them very good.
Reply to anonymous439773

I would say at least $20 an hour depending on where you live. Medicare may be free but they come and go as they please. it's very annoying.
Reply to Veronica91

It prescribed by her doc, Medicare will pay for it.
Reply to gladimhere