89 yr old, legally blind, some mobility, needs all basic care due to physical limits

You can do a computer search of Home Health care with your Mom's zip. Call a few agencies and ask what they allow their aides to do and what about the cost. First prepare a list of tasks you need done --- meal prep, laundry, med reminders (you typically have to set it up) bath assistance, whatever. A live in costs less than 3 shifts of aides, but then you are responsible for food for the live in and other costs would increase such as water bills, power etc.
Five years ago I had a live in for my Mom in the NE. It was about $5200/month. Certainly it would be higher now. But call a few agencies and ask about your area.  And I would remove anything of value and all financial paperwork.  Also redirect financial mail to the POA's address.  This protects your Mom AND the aide due to misplaced items.  

Depending on your area it is about $25/ hr to cover administrative fees, insurance,taxes. Sometimes the aid may not show up. Are you prepared for this? Aids may not be able to dispense meds based on state licensing so prepare to ask that question. Is the person mobile? Will the person still be mobile next year?A single person in attendance could easily become injured. Is the person sometimes violent? Then be prepared for an aid suddenly quitting. Can you be available on a moments notice if anyghing happens?I think you will find that AL or NH will be the best option. There is more safety in numbers plus private facilities provide more social interaction

Through an agency, which is best and easiest and legal, 10-12 thousand a month in my area.