How many days notice do you usually get before being discharged from rehab?

Mom's physical therapist Saud he will probably give her two more weeks to see if she continues to improve. But that's not set in stone.

Barbara

26

Answers

1 2 3
if your in Colorado theres a greta place called Goodwin manor its in Elizabeth Co check them out.

Oyveyreally: Oh, I am so sorry that your mother, like mine, also suffered an ischemic stroke! Yes, NH 's are so overworked, but it should not cause a loved one's death. Thank you for your condolences, Oyvey.

llamalover47 I am so sorry for your loss. Hospitals and the rest have become big business. Many staff are overworked and just trying to hold on to their jobs. My mother was discharged prematurely, given new meds which caused her blood pressure to drop which caused her to have an ischemic stroke. Thank God, she survived, but she will never be the same. Every time I passed the nurse's station one of the women was either on the phone with someone telling them they didn't have any beds or complaining to the other staff about how she keeps getting calls for beds that she didn't have. They should have kept my mom another day to see how the new meds would work. Instead they discharged her. It's a sad situation, and I'm so sorry you lost your mom because of it.

Redhead1, I sometimes (often) question the intelligence of people who simoly follow routine without thinking.

Continued : (sorry, but keyboard hit send too fast) mom had A-Fib, CHF, macular degeneration, blood pressure of 60/40 and DIDN'T want to live out of state with either myself or my brother. She was sent from hospital to rehab unit of NH and then was supposed to go to long-term care of said NH. That is until NH pulled a fast one on us! They deemed her to well to stay there. THEY REALLY GOT IT WRONG BECAUSE LESS THAN 48 HOURS LATER OF THAT MEETING MOM SUFFERED AN ISCHEMIC STROKE WHILE AT THE NH, ENDING HER LIFE!!!!!!

@JTbuddy Medicare typically reimburses significantly higher than any othebinsurance.

I should be have explained my "weekend" response. My mother was in the rehab unit of the nursing home. This was imprtant to my brother and I and our families that she stay there as she lived solo in another state than us. She was 94, legally blind, had

Is this temporary? Maybe you should consider a nursing facility until he improves.

Redhead, u need to complain to the Administrator. The staff should have been aware he has Dementia. Also, contact his primary. Maybe he can write an order for the Visiting Nurse to hook up his tubing. The nurses can only do what is on the order.

I found it varied every time. I learned that to keep on top of discharge I had to become very proactive with the Staff at the Rehab (social worker, rehab therapist). It does come down to the not waiting for answers. Ask questions and don't "expect" that the rehab center will automatically tell you what is going on.

1 2 3