My 90 year old mother was put in memory care for her advanced dementia. After three weeks, her heart stopped and although revived by CPR and sent to ER, she passed away the next morning in the ICU. The doctor tried everything - antibiotics, blood pressure meds, but she never turned the corner and her organs started failing. I found out she did have bacteria in her urine. I talked to the nurse at the memory care facility, and she said mom had been incontinent, and they had no luck getting a urine sample. They were actually waiting for health services to come in that day to get a sample with a catheter, but it was too late. We were shocked to hear that cause of death was septic shock. I feel that the facility had to know she was sick for a while and didn't give her the proper care. I am not sure how long she had a UTI, but it must have been for a while. Would have been better to put her in a skilled nursing facility, but the one we found for her wouldn't accept her as they were not a licensed memory care facility. We have not heard back from this facility at all - no condolences, nothing. I told the nurse to tell the director how she died. They actually owe us money for the week she wasn't there and we paid for. She was also getting Medicaid to cover the main cost. I feel that she was not properly care for and that this could have been avoided. Am I totally off base here?