How do you sign up for the assistance program?

6

Answers

Veterans are required to have an honorable discharge in order to qualify for benefits of any type.
Reply to jjariz

Just thinking. When I went thru my Dad's service papers I found one saying as a Veteran ( WWII) he was entitled to VA benefits.

Are you talking about Aid and Attendance pension to help with your care? I would think if you were turned down for the reason you gave then you are not entitled to this either. Your county should have a VA office. Call them and see if they can help you further.

If ur income is low, call your Medicaid office and see if they have services you could use. Same with Office of Aging.

Hi David, it sounds like you need to contact VA directly and ask them for details about this assistance program they mentioned.
Reply to OneLastStraw

I was denied va benafits(because of less than honerable discharge) but I faught in veit nam i 69-70 and I was told there is an assistance program I could possibly be eligble for..
Reply to david50

David, we need more information, such as which assistance program are you referring?