Oh dear. I have an unerupted wisdom tooth which my dentist tells me is burrowing its way downwards into my jaw. He eyed me sternly a few weeks ago and explained that if it gave any more trouble he wouldn't touch it with a stick - he'd pack me off to the max-fax people to have it dug out. Probably with a pick-axe and chisels... (sorry, feeling rather gloomy and despondent about this).
Well, the little brute is starting to grumble again and I can't say he didn't warn me. So what about timing? Do I go back to him now or wait 'til there's really something to complain about and hope I can defer treatment until the new year, giving myself more time to plan caregiving cover? I don't know how much time the treatment will take or what it will involve, exactly, but I don't think it's going to be a quick in-and-out job, and I don't want to start the ball rolling and then not be able to stop it.
Stupid tooth. All it had to do was tell up from down, for heaven's sake.
What do you do about nuisances like this?