How do I discuss safe sex with my 78-year-old father who has recently become sexually active?

My 78 year old Dad has recently become sexually active. I want to discuss safe sex with him. How do I do that?

I hope I haven't offended anyone with my question.. I recently became aware that my Dad has become sexually active and I want to be sure that he knows the heath risks. It is a very awkward topic to discuss with him so if anyone knows where I can get help dealing with this subject , that would be great!
Thanks!
Michelle
I would think at age 78 that a man would know all about safe sex no matter how long he has been inactive. Just ask him...Do u know about safe sex? Do you have any questions that you want me to answer for you. Sometimes the direct route is the best way. Good Luck. Dane
I totally respect his decision to be sexually active.. Problem is, he is asking me where he can meet younger women ( 18 -25) to have a "booty call" with..
What happened is he recently discovered internet porn ..It has given him a "new awakening" about sex.. Basically you could compare it to a teenager who has discovered porn for the first time lol!!
I guess he is sexually overwhelmed with what he is watching on the internet and is looking for a way to relieve his sexual tension..
I was a bit rattled about this so I was looking for advice as to how to deal with his new found " awakening" Maybe there is a forum he can go to to talk to other men for advice??
Thanks!
Michelle41 My best advice to you is to "TAKE AWAY HIS INTERNET" LOL !
Well, if it was my dad, I wouldn't worry too much,
I have to assume that, given that he's surfing the web and talking about booty calls, thats he's pretty tight upstairs.
I'ts unlikely that he's gonna hook up with young women. Maybe make some condoms "appear" just for Kicks and giggles maybe be a great conversation starter at least!! just a thought,~Nutz
I think it's great your dad is able to express himself this way. Just because he's older doesn't mean his desires have turned off. Is he specifically looking to have sex or is he looking for companionship? If he is checking out the web...maybe locate a dating service for older adults. A friend of mine who is recently widowed did that and as a result has met a great man, has become sexually active and is so happy. I really admire you for finding out how to support him and for being open about it. All the best!
A person would hate to treat their grown father like a teenager, but this just goes to show that pornography is a bad idea all the way around, no matter what age. I know there is a way to block this kind of stuff thru servers, or filters or something like that. It used to be with 'dial up' you had to go through a server, and then you could choose a specific one that filters that sort of thing. But with DSL and cable, I'm not sure... either way I'd sure check into it. This is making your dad miserable, even though he probably doesn't think so. Unless he's 'loaded $$', no young woman is gonna look twice at an old man, and if she does then you've got a whole other set of problems. :)
I agree with you Nutz... I guess it kinda freaked me out at first.. I really never discussed anything about sex with my Dad LOL!!
I have no problem with him watching it on the internet.. I just wanted to get advice on how to deal with this hehe!
I can't believe your dad at 78 would even ask you where to find women. I think blocking porn sites is a good idea to start with. But now that he's got his mind a working you mind buy condoms hoping he'll bring up the subject again opening the door to talk to him.
I had a client at 91 still got a hard on when taking a shower. The first time I realized that was going on kind of shocked me too. If it was my dad, I'd probably have a heart attack. Good Luck!
Oh no, be careful that he doesn't go into those "pay" for sites.