How do I remove a post? Somehow it went thru facebook?

I didn't mean to post thru faebook?!!

16

Answers

If your post popped up on Facebook, change your facebook settings.

Nope, it's not programmed into this site.

I would like to delete or edit my posts. There should be a way to do that.

I once posted a comment in anger in response to someone's "attack" on my post. It was waaaay to personal and I knew that if I left it on the thread, posters would choose side and cause more ruckus. I copied the link above and then sent them an email with the link and which post to delete. I mentioned why I wanted it deleted. They were very nice to delete it. Of course by deleting it, anyone reading it would think that I was the instigator and the poor poster who attacked me was the victim. But, I had to choose the integrity of the thread and not my pride. After AC deleted my post, I no longer post on that thread - due to bad memories of it.

FYI, I'd also set up a separate email account when you join these sites. Whether it's FB or AC. I keep separate emails just for family, for orders and work, and for online sites like these.

I agree with ACCM - we should be able to edit our posts (or delete them) if we choose. Maybe not if we ask a question and it has answers (i.e. a thread is created), but if we're just replying to a question, we should be able to edit our response or delete it.

ACCM,
What is the reason that we cannot delete or edit our own posts?

Hello Marialake,

What you saw when you went to post in the forum was a pop up after you hit submit asking you to log in. You have to be logged in to post or comment in the forum. There is a choice to log in with Facebook log in or you can use your AgingCare.com username and password. If you pushed the Facebook log in option all that did was log you into AgingCare.com with your Facebook log in, it did not post your comment on Facebook.

Thank you all for your quick response to Marialake. Your participation is what this forum is all about.

Warm regards,
Melissa R.
The AgingCare.com Team

Go to your page on FB. Click activity log. Find the comment and either delete it there or make it private.

Much sympathies - here's an idea on how to get the moderators attention, someone could "report" your post - I'll go ahead an do that now for your post just above mine so maybe they'll contact you and you can tell them what post you want to delete. Good luck!

to tell you the truth, when I went to post the comment a quick prompt said, send with facebook and as I hit the key........I thought oh no.........I want to delete immediately BUT there is no possible way to delete!!! I am hoping that the moderator will please delete my comment. Please moderator. I don't know how else to contact even the moderator?!