Costing me alot of $ to do this.

Find Care & Housing
Bram, the vast majority of grown children do not get paid for taking care of a parent.... unless the parent can pay you from their own savings. If your Mom can go that, then you would need to create an employment contract showing your duties, the hours, hourly rate, and who will be taking out payroll taxes.

Yes, I understand it can be costly for you to do this. I had to use up all my vacation and sick days from work. Then days without pay due to all the doctor appointments for both my parents. But I refused to resign from my career, I worked too hard to just let it go. I remember asking my Dad if he gave up his career to take care of his parents.... it was no, and then he understood and never asked me again.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to freqflyer

Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter