My mother suffered a massive stroke on her right side about 12 years ago. She was getting her nerves back over the years & started processing great. Around a few years ago, she started being very able for herself (walk around the house/outside, drive, cook, wash dishes, plant flowers, etc.). This year she had a couple falls and got all the way to being unable to stand or walk. Three months ago, the doctor discovered she had to have spinal cord surgery and she had that successfully, but she's still not standing or walking at this moment. Can anybody help, because this is unlike my mom? Now my mom has to wear a pamper and use a hard lifter to get out the bed.

This is a question for her doctors. Did she go to rehab after the surgery? Maybecsome in home therapy?
Maurice117 Sep 23, 2021
Yes she did… and they wasn’t no help. So we brought her home. And home therapy came for maybe 30/60days den they stop
(0)
If she has not used her muscles for 3 months than that time has passed. Look at her legs and unless she has heart disease Her muscles should look thin. I am curious why she could not stand. What was the excuse?

If you have no answer from the doctor, then request PT eval. They are the muscle experts on how to safely proceed and every patient is different

If you are her only caregiver then your life is now claimed by her life. What happens should you become disabled. Start planning for the future
Maurice117 Sep 24, 2021
& im her only son .. and I have cousin & aunt that comes help…which is her niece and sister….
(0)
Maurice, welcome to the forum!

Do the doctors say that she should be able to regain her ability to walk?

Is she currently in a rehabilitation facility, or is she still in the hospital?
Maurice117 Sep 23, 2021
She’s at home …the doctors said she may , take time. She’s a nice size woman.
(0)