Mil has lived with us for 8 months. Dr. Put her on Risperdal she is getting worse, demanding, etc. We need her out. How can we do this? She won't go to assisted living cause it's too expensive. Is there a social worker who can intervene?

U have Mom has Dementia. Do you have POA? If Dr. feels she can no longer make informed decisions, then you take over her care. If she has money, like 5k a month, then try an assisted living. If not, try Medicaid but there is a spend down with them. Find a nice NH. Mom paid 2 months privately and then Medicaid took over. Her SS and any pension, will go to her care.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to JoAnn29

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter