Bad fall, broken neck, had major surgery, in home now partial paralized in neck brace confined to wheel chair.

Need in home care for help to do food shopping, dr. appts. preparing meals. On SS no money left use after paying essentials

need in home help, laundry, cooking,

transportation, dressing, rehab. learn to walk again,

dog walking service dog

need glasses

need dentures

have to pay hospital bills

need to pay for medications and office vists every month

***state keeps giving market place, share of cost insurance with monthly share cost of $897 I have no extra money each month to pay $1 towards share***

everyone tells me I need straight medicaid

they keep jerking in circles how do I get Medicaid and no run around before I get hurt more and die ???

*need mobilty scooter

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Scott, the number for Hallandale's senior social services (60 years and over) is (954) 457-1460. This number is for people needing information and advice. It looks like you can apply for Medicaid online, but if you need help doing that just tell them so.

I have a sinking feeling that you already have a case manager but you are fed up with being sent from pillar to post and back again?

How long since you were discharged home? Were you not given rehab, and if not, why not? Do you have any support from friends or family?
Helpful Answer (1)

You need to contact your state’s Medicaid office, or your local Area Agency on Aging. You need a case.manager. If your state has this service, you can also dial 2-1-1 for help.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter